• non traditional adult scholarships

    The Community Foundation administers four non-traditional scholarships for current college students and older adults. Non-traditional applications include the Back Home Again in Indiana Scholarship, Ralph E Winters Scholarship, Gary M Schnapf 4-H Memorial Scholarship, and the K Stuart Gast Scholarship.  These will be made available starting March 10, 2023.  Deadline is Friday, April 14, 2023.

    CLICK HERE TO APPLY and to see a brief description.

    Contact Kim Krause at kkrause@cfopc.org with questions.

  • 2023 SCHOLARSHIP deadline has passed

    2023 Scholarship application deadline has passed.  CLICK HERE TO VIEW A LIST OF SCHOLARSHIPS

    2023 Agreement/Signature Page is required. Click on the link, hit the preview button, print, and complete.  Turn this completed agreement page into the guidance department or drop off at the Community Foundation office by the March 3 deadline.  Deadline has passed for 2023.

    Do you know what township you live in? Click here.

    2022 Recipients

    Click here to view slides of the 2020 Scholar Surprise!

    Click here to view a list of 2020 Scholars

    Click here to view a list of 2019 Scholars

  • 2023 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship

    Congratulations to Sawyer DePoy of Winamac Community High School! He is the 2023 Pulaski County Lilly Endowment Community Scholar! Way to go Sawyer!

Scholarship FAQ's

How do I know if I am eligible for a particular scholarship? 

Each scholarship fund has specific eligibility criteria defined by the donor when the fund was established. The scholarship description preceding each application will usually contain this criteria. 

What can scholarship awards be used for? 

The scholarships are for educational expenses: tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, unless otherwise stipulated in the scholarship award.

Are scholarship awards taxable? 

Consult a tax expert for advice. For degree seeking students, the portion of the scholarship that is used for room and board is taxable. For non-degree seeking students, all the scholarship is taxable. 

Are the scholarship awards sufficient to pay the cost of my college education? 

The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship is the only full-tuition scholarship available through the Community Foundation. Other scholarships are intended to provide only partial support. In addition to applying for Foundation scholarships, you should look into other financial aid resources such as federal grants, work-study awards, and loans.

If I am awarded a scholarship, how much will I get? 

Although a few scholarships have set award amounts, awards will vary depending on a number of factors. Your award will depend on the size of the particular fund and the directions given by the donors or fund advisors. 

Where can I go to school with these scholarships? 

Most of the scholarships are for students attending any accredited college or university. Some scholarships are designed for students attending an Indiana institution, or a particular college or university. See the specific description at the beginning of each scholarship application.

May I receive awards from more than one scholarship?

Yes, you may apply for all the scholarships to which you are eligible, and therefore could be selected as a recipient from multiple scholarship funds. 

Do I need to pay scholarship money back?

No, scholarships are charitable awards that do not need to be paid back. 

If I am selected, do I get the check? 

No. Checks are made payable to the educational institution and are paid at the start of a semester and after particular documentation has been provided - usually your college acceptance letter or schedule. Scholars receive a letter from the Community Foundation after graduation/awards night stating the amount of the award and the required documentation.

If I receive a scholarship one year, will I automatically receive an award the following year? 

No. Currently there are a limited number of renewable scholarships. In almost all cases students must turn in grade reports and/or class schedules. 

What if I have other questions? 

If you have questions, or to request an application, see your guidance counselor or contact the Community Foundation.