The Forward Thinking Leadership Initiative launched in 2020 in response to community input and with support from Lilly Endowment. The aggressive three-year initiative provides opportunities for the community to grow its leadership strengths and focus on investing in community action for the future good of Pulaski County.
2021 programs under this initiative included:
- Elected Official training assessments
- Meeting of the 2020 Excellence in Nonprofit Management Training cohort
- 2.5 day Community Development Course through Indiana Communities Institute at Ball State University
- Leadership Pulaski County program through Purdue Extension Pulaski County
- “So You Want to be an Elected Official?” seminar for new or potential elected officials
- Development of a Community Action Plan - "Aspirations in Action"